Project Name: Promote Reconciliation and Coexistence for Sustainable Peace in Darfur
Project Area: West & Central Darfur State ( Garsila, Mukjar, Beida, Sirba and Azum localities) Republic of Sudan
Target Group: Direct: 117995 (female – 70696, male – 47299).
Duration: 1st May 2018 to 31st December 2018
- Establish six (6) women’s networks, groups or associations per centre to support the functioning of the PJRCs through participation in PJRC activities.
- Facilitate the women’s networks, groups or associations per center to undertake community level reconciliation and conflict resolution activities including workshops and dissemination of peace messages,
- Train 240 Women on peace building and peaceful coexistence (3 workshops one in each locality)
- Conduct 12 community Peace dialogue forums through drama role play, music to encourage women empowerment and participation in peace building.
- Provide support to native administration and women groups to conduct mediation, reconciliation and training sessions
- Conduct village saving and lending association (VSLA) to 6 groups/associations of women consisting of 240 individuals (women).
- Establish (6 women) and support revolving scheme saving and loans, two in each locality and trained them on food processing and Marketing
- Establish (6) Shelling machines one at each locality.
- Established (6) producer’s association groups one in each locality and support them with tools.
- Establish (6) storehouse (1 at each locality).
- Conduct 5 training on Marketing and small business Management (320 which 60% women)
- Rehabilitation (6) infra-structure of markets for 3 women groups Association (shelters) and training them on Market assessment and peace building
- Access producer’s groups to financial insinuation & Micro Credit Finance bank (5 trips 1 for each locality).